Here’s What I do to battle Ol’ Man Winter
With all this cold weather my skin and hair are taking a real beating, very dry and needs continuous attention. As you all know that during the winter the air is much more dryer, meaning less moisture in the air, and our skin / hair need help to protect and maintain our natural glow.
As I get older, it seems that my natural skins moisturizer does not work as well and my skin becomes much more flaky and rougher. When I was younger, the cold did not bother my skin as much but now, Oww Laa Laa, my skin and hair need help.
The following are some tips that I do to combat Ol’ Man Winter:
1. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize.
2. Moisturize some more….lol
3. I like to use an exfoliant every morning and a lighter exfoliant that has more moisturizing properties in it, at night. This helps to remove all my dead dry skin, ewwww, and keep my make up looking fresher.
5. I like to use a liquid foundation like my Dior Skin in the morning and use a mineral powder foundation if I need touching up through out the day, but mostly just the Diorskin is sufficient. I touch up with a powder foundation like MAC’s mineral foundation.
8. For my hair I use more leave in conditioners and use a separate hair conditioning mask on Sundays. This helps to lock in what little moisturizing properties I have left in my hair and add more as my hair is normally dry dry dry.
9. Another little trick I do is applying a deep moisturizer to my feet and hands and slap on a pair of nice soft socks. In the morning my feet and hands feel a lot better and softer.
10. I switch over to mineral products for my eye shadows and face powders, they look better through out the day as I go in and out of the cold and into the house or office.
So there is a list of things that I do to battle Ol’ Man Winter from drying out my skin.